Monday, September 22, 2008

*YAWN!* Is It Monday?

Every Monday sucks.
Today is ever so much worse.

Angie texted me an early-wake up this morning so I would get up and out the door. I would have rather stuck needles in my eyes (to quote SKelly) than get up and run. But, I knew I would be asked about it later so I got out for a measly little 2 mile run. I put off going out the door for so long, that is all I had time for.

Yesterday, Angie came by and we ran 9 very slow miles. Ran is probably a bit of a stretch. I can't remember the last time I had such a horrible run. I felt TERRIBLE! Luckily, Angie said she didn't feel so good on the run either (that, or she was trying to make me feel better about being so lame). We walked SO much. I think it was a combination of all the junk food I ate all weekend, and the lack of running last week.

After we got back to my house, I looked at the stats in my Garmin. Our average mile was around 13:00, and my average Heartrate was 134. 134!? That's all? I expected it to be really high, based on how hard I felt like I was working. So, now, was I just being a big old sissy, or is there something else that made me feel so bad? Maybe the lack of sleep the night before? Maybe the extra pounds I'm carrying around this week?

Based on that run, I'm thinking of nixing my marathon plans for this fall and focusing on (1) supporting Barbie in Boston, (2) tackling marathon #3 next year, pending me getting my sh*t together between now and then.

4 comments:

Delane said...

13:00 thats the pace I'm shooting for my 1/2 this year. dang i'm slow.

good job for getting out there.

Unknown said...

Great job for still going out. Sometimes something is better than nothing. Just to get your mindset into it.

Kelly said...

Hey, you did it, right? A bad run is better than no run at all! :)

RooBabs said...

Hey, at least you're getting out there. Sorry about the not-so-hot 9 miler. But it seems like you still have plenty of time to train for the Memphis marathon (but what do I know- I'm just trying to be positive).

I am sending you good running vibes and here's to losing the extra weight that may be slowing you down. = )