Wednesday, January 14, 2009

To Skip or Not To Skip?

This week is a local grade school basketball tournament, so I don't have as much time after work to fit in my workouts.

I started out the week with my workouts all planned out, around the basketball. Here is how it was supposed to look:


Monday AM: Run 4-5 miles
Monday PM: Son's ball game
Tuesday AM: Strength training
Tuesday PM: Son's ball game
Wednesday AM or PM: Run 4-5 miles
Thursday AM: Run 4-5 miles
Thursday PM: later ball game
Friday AM or PM: Strength training / core
Saturday: Long Run
Sunday: DOR

This is what has happened so far:

Monday AM: Oversleep, no run (note to self: don't stay up so late on Sunday night)
Monday PM: Son's ball game (WIN!)
Tuesday AM: Up early, do laundry instead of run, plan run for after ball game
Tuesday PM: Son's ball game (WIN!) + Talk self out of running, plan to run in the morning.
Wednesday AM: Oversleep, no run (no excuse here)
So, tonight I will do one of three things
1- Run
2- Strength train, plan to run Thursday and Friday, push long run to Sunday
3- Run AND strength train, plan to run again before tomorrow night's later ball game.


Looking at the weather forecast, I'm tempted to run on the treadmill tomorrow with a long run on Saturday and an extra few miles on Sunday outside. It's going to be FRIGID the next couple of days, with a little bit of a warmup over the weekend (20s and 30s instead of single digits).

I was in the best shape of my life when I absolutely NEVER skipped a workout, I can remember 11pm workouts back then. I really need to train myself to do it in the mornings, though. Morning workouts will be the key to long-term success for me. This has always worked best in the past, less temptation to put it off until later (like 11pm) if I have it done already.

On Monday I promised pictures from the weekend. We were attempting to get a picture of the three dogs together. Buffy would not cooperate at all! She ran under the bed every time.

Here is a picture of me with Chloe and Tito. I'm sitting funny because Chloe is in "HER" spot. She also bites, so I was a little afraid of moving her.

Of course, my boy Tito was the bestest behaved dog of the bunch!

3 comments:

Charmaine said...

Hey there,

I have a question. HOW to you run for 4-5 miles. I mean...HOW does a person do that?

bernthis said...

I could never run at night. Night is for eating, sleeping, movies and self loathing and nothing will get in the way of that, that I can tell you

Al's CL Reviews said...

I haven't been able to run in the morning either.

It is hard!