Sunday, January 18, 2009

Finally did it

This entire weekend was about me putting off my long run.

Saturday morning, I woke up to warmer weather (upper 20's/lower 30's) and howling wind. I decided to hold off and hope that the wind would let up.

Later that afternoon, when I hadn't done my long run and the kids and I had gone shopping, I regretted putting it off. It was a beautiful day, and 46 degrees.

Aargh! Instead of running, I wound up doing yoga at 10pm. At least I didn't waste the entire day.

Sunday morning, I woke up to 32 degrees, and a little bit of snow on the ground. I decided to wait until it thawed a bit to go out and run.

FINALLY, at 2:15pm, I dragged myself out the door. I ran into the wind and snow for the first 4.5 miles, but I managed to finish a 9 mile run. Barbie was coming by later on and came out and met me and kept me company for the last 2.5 miles. It was tough, but I managed to finish the 9 miles strong. I'm so happy that I did it!

Tomorrow is weigh-in day for me. I'm hoping for the best, but I had pizza twice this weekend. Ugh!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME JOB WOMAN!

I know Id have found a million and one excuses in that frigid weather.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Great job!

Aka Alice said...

Yay for dragging yourself out the door and into the COOOOLD for 9 miles.

Denise said...

Great job on getting out there and doing it! It's hard to make ourselves do it, but so worth it when it's over.

RooBabs said...

Good job for powering through!! And no worries on the pizza- for me, it's running fuel. It's almost as good as runner's high, ha ha.