Monday, December 29, 2008

Perspective...

I was talking to the Maintenance Manager at work today. He and I work very closely together on several projects. I was talking about my lack of give-a-damn lately, and how my weight has ballooned out of control. (Obsessed, am I?)

He told me it sounded like I have a bad case of cabin fever and that I need to get out and DO something about it. Yup, he's right.

It's really tough when you've gotten to this place to drag yourself out of it. At least, for me it is.

I should be able to sleep well tonight, since I didn't sleep at all last night. Hopefully that will spur me on to "DO something about it".

It's not a great idea getting your days and nights turned around when you're off work and don't have to be anywhere at any particular time. It makes it that much tougher on Day 1 back to work.

6 comments:

Al's CL Reviews said...

Damn! I hear ya loud and clear!

RooBabs said...

That's the downfall of having time off, is I get out of my routine. I've learned that I need to try as much as possible to stick to a routine (be it for holidays or vacation or whatever), or else I fall off the wagon fast.

Today was definitely rough back at work. My only consolation is that it's a 3-day week!

I hear that running is a good cure for cabin fever ;~) (he he).

Charmaine said...

Is your maintenance manager single?

...just kidding. hee hee

Tammy said...

Actually, he is... he's a bit too stubborn for me, though... Too much like me :P

Charmaine said...

Come on girl. Write your ad. Just be crazy and funny and say things you would NEVER say. Then you will win. woo hooooo

RunToTheFinish said...

I have had a rule for the past few years, that I can't complain about something I'm doing nothing about... it's helped a lot to get me going!