Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Here we go Again...

I haven't ran since Columbus.

There it is.

Do I have a good reason? It depends on who you ask. If you ask me... No, not really.

I haven't slept more than a couple of hours a night in several days. One day last week, I slept for about 5 hours and woke up at 3:30am. That was the best. Last night was the worst. Could I really have gotten up at 5am this morning and ran? Yes. I would have been miserable and tired all day long, but I'm miserable and tired anyway.

I called in sick yesterday and slept sporadically throughout the day. That was nice, but not practical for every day. I'm hoping that I make up for some of it tonight with a solid night's sleep - drug induced sleep. Hopefully, I won't be feeling too foggy tomorrow morning to get up and run.

Thursday night, I'm taking my daughter and two of her friends to see 'The Academy Is' at Pops. I also plan to work on Friday. Since it's an All Ages concert, I'm hoping it doesn't go on too late. It should be pretty fun, even though I don't know very much of their music. I'm still planning to somehow run two days this week before the Tunnel Hill race on Saturday...

I'll definitely keep you posted if that happens!

4 comments:

Aka Alice said...

Hey, have you gone for a checkup? Maybe something is out of whack? The tiredness? Then the insomnia?

I don't want to be an alarmist, but you should check it out.

RooBabs said...

I totally called in "sick" yesterday, too, and it felt great to sleep in. I just needed a break, before I got too far behind. (Hopefully you're not getting sick)

Good luck with your run tomorrow. Don't think about why it might not be good- just imagine everything going your way (good night's sleep, waking up refreshed, running and feeling good, etc).

Have fun at the concert, and good luck with the trail run Saturday- can't wait to hear about it.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep. I hate when I can't sleep.

Maybe you should sign up for another race???

Carly said...

I hope you can get some sleep soon! Does the change of seasons mess you up? I know it does me.