Friday, July 11, 2008

Off to a Stellar Start

My marathon training, that is...

I ran v-e-r-y slowly on Monday morning, only 4 miles.
I had to travel to Boston for work on Tuesday morning. My flight was at 5:40am, so I had to get up at 2am to get to the airport early enough. My return flight from Chicago on Wednesday was delayed (big shock), and I didn't get home until 10pm. Thursday, I was still exhausted- no run. This morning, I was lazy and my AC is still acting up - no run.

Is it just me? I can NOT get out and run when it is hot inside and hotter outside. I've called a different repairman to come and look at it today, since the first guy couldn't find anything. Grrr!

Today, one of the managers at work brought me some pictures from our company wide Manager meeting/outing 2 years ago. I looked at the pictures and thought, "YUCK! I was fat!" So, I checked. At that time, I weighed about 10 lbs less than I weighed this morning. Yes, now you are all going to know how OCD I am about numbers... I have a spreadsheet that goes back through January of 06 with all of my weigh-ins. Before that, I was tracking it manually in my running logs. Ahhh, Excel, now I can graph it and look for trends.

I am truly sick.

I have a 5K tomorrow morning. Then, I will stop in to work and check on my project. Sunday, I plan a long run. Then, I will stop in to work and check on my project again. This entire project continues for 7 weeks before they finish up. I may go insane before it is over.

No comments: