Friday, January 11, 2008

Goals for 2008- better late than never

Here I go...
I really tried to get by without putting any goals for this year into writing. I know that when I'm avoiding something, a lot of times that is the one thing I need to do. I think that is the case with putting my 2008 goals into writing. So here they are- First the goals, then the plan for attaining them.

Goals for 2008:

1- Run at least 1,000 miles. This is roughly 20 miles/week.

2- Lose these 25 lbs and KEEP THEM OFF.

3- Lift weights at least twice/week.

4- Don't get involved with some losery guy.

5- Keep my house clean and clutter free.


The Plan:

1- There is absolutely no reason why I can't run 1,000 miles in a year. 2007 was the first year in a long time I didn't achieve that goal. I'll attribute that to stress and move on.

2- Losing them last year wasn't a problem, it was the keeping them off part that got me. I'm going to stay committed to eating real food and not becoming complacent as I lose the weight.

3- Twice a week? That is a completely attainable goal! I should be able to lift at least one day after work and at least one day on the weekend.

4- I have proven to myself time and time again that I have no clue when it comes to choosing a worthy man. I think maybe I'm destined to be single. At least for 2008.

5- I had toyed with the idea of hiring someone to clean my house once or twice a week- you know, the vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and cleaning the bathrooms. But, I was thinking this week- WHY would I pay some stranger to come in and do these things when I have teenagers at home? So, I shall bribe the kids with money. If that doesn't work, I'll hire somebody. The clutter will be on me to keep under control!

All of these are goals that should be very easily attainable, but I didn't manage to accomplish them in 2007. I'm going to chalk 2007 up to stress and get on with it!

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Viv said...

A new year, and attainable goals. You got the plans, and the method to achieve to them. Go for it u runner u!!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Tammy. I love the bribing the teenagers with money for a clean house. I wish I had some teenagers to bribe and clean my house, but then I guess I would to go through that pregancy period. EH.

I do have a little sister though that just graduated college and is jobless. Maybe I'll bribe her to clean my house.

Diario de Elysia said...

1,000 miles? :thud: You go girl!

P.O.M. said...

HA. I just found you thru VIV. Great goals. Especially - stay away from losery guys. That one might be tricky though - as there seems to be way to many of them around :(