Thursday, January 17, 2008

Back on the wagon, again

This seems to be quite a theme in my life. I do really well for a while, then I get all lazy and let myself go to hell for a while. Get fed up with that, and back at it again.

This week, I decided ENOUGH! I drug the treadmill from my bedroom into the front room so I could run while watching tv, and not feel like I'm being banished to my room. It was becoming abundantly clear that I was NOT going to drag my ass out of bed at 5am and run when it is dark outside at the beginning and end of the run! It's dark when I go to work, and dark when I get home. So depressing! So, I'm back to running in the evenings. I'll reward myself with a nice long run outside on the weekend.

So, I drag my treadmill into the front room and hop on. It starts acting crazy and feels like it's stopping every time I step. UGH! That was Tuesday night. Yesterday, my parents, wonderful fix-it's that they are, came to my house and took it apart and got it fixed! Woohoo! I'm back on track again! Last night, I ran 4 miles on it, at a 10 min/mile pace.

I've got a long way to go... and a half marathon on tap for next month.
Ah well, this is what makes life interesting.

4 comments:

Viv said...

That is awesome that your Dad was able to fix it. Good for you for draggin out to the living room. Doing great, chickie!

P.O.M. said...

I, too only see darkness - in the morning and night. I can't wait until spring when we get some more daylight and running outside isn't as dreary.

Carly said...

WTG! I am so glad it works and watching TV makes the miles go quicker.

Yasmin said...

Whoo hoo for Mr. Fix-it. I'm glad you have the treadmill (and tv) to help you get your run on!