Friday, August 3, 2007

Really? A Blog?

So, here I am starting a blog- the most uncreative person on the planet. But, thanks to my fellow runners on the WW board, here I am. Let's see if I can at least make this somewhat readable!

So, why did I name my blog this way?

I have always struggled with my weight, mostly because I'm so obsessed with it. It all started with the boy who used to sit behind me on the bus and call me fatty starting when I was in 4th grade. Mind you, I wasn't all that fat. So began my obsessive journey, beginning with starving myself in high school to be 5'8" and 120lb, continuing after my divorce when I made myself vomit repeatedly every day to maintain at 140-145lb.

So, in the Summer of 2000, I started talking about running. I had been working out pretty regularly for almost a year, and needed something more. People who had known me for awhile scoffed- I could never be a runner, I always HATED to run. But, I started running anyhow- on October 1, 2000. And here I am, countless 5K's, 10K's, 15K's, a few Half Marathon's, 2 Full Marathons, and 4 RRR Relays later... still not sure that I'm REALLY a runner.

I'm definitely inconsistent- who knows what I could accomplish if I trained consistently? But, I'm still trudging along...
C'mon and join me! And, feel free to let me know about it when I start getting lazy and slack off (because I will).

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Yay!! Welcome to blogland. I think you're a runner, for what it's worth!