Sunday, July 31, 2022

Skipping Races

 OK, full disclosure. 

I was registered to run a local 5K on Saturday morning, and I opted to skip it.  

Was it early? Nope. Start time was 9am.

Wasn't that pretty late for a summer race? Maybe, but it wasn't all that hot (highs have been hovering around 80F).

I've been completely unmotivated to do ANYTHING lately. I also accomplished pretty much zilch on Friday for work.  

So, it's Sunday now, and I volunteered to go to a site in PA for a cutover to our software. My company acquired another company, and getting their factories / warehouses on the same system we use. 

I volunteered thinking that I would be working a factory / warehouse shift. No, it's 6:30am-6:30pm Eastern time Monday - Friday.  This is going to KILL me.  UGH.  So, I've been pretty de=motivated ever since I found that out. I'll do my best, but I'm flying home Friday before 6:30pm.

Anyway, I was at the dentist on Wednesday, and she took my blood pressure after the cleaning / before the dentist came in.  It was 140 / 87.  This is ridiculously high for me.

Even though high blood pressure and heart disease runs in my family, I have NEVER had anything approaching high blood pressure.  Perhaps all of the cardio? So, I am going to start tracking it at home and trying to get my act together and not eating all the things while doing zero movement.

No comments: