Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Random Update

 Just a quick update for the past couple of weeks.

I "volunteered" to do some on-site support for another team at my company during the first 2 weeks of August.

When I volunteered, I expected to be working normal workdays, and working over the weekend. The schedule that was sent to me showed me working 6:30am-6:30pm Eastern, in Pennsylvania. Starting on a Monday morning.

So, I made the trip on Sunday, July 31, traveled on a Sunday which I hate.

Instead of staying over the weekend like I originally planned, I decided to change my flight and go home in the middle.

This was a mistake. I was EXHAUSTED from the 12 hour days. I got home on Friday night, 8/5 around 8pm and slept in on Saturday. Got up and did all my laundry and packed again for a flight early afternoon Sunday, 8/7. There really was no benefit to going home, and I had registered for a 5K in PA over the weekend that I wound up skipping.

That first week, I did ZERO workouts of any kind.

The second week, I decided that there was no point in staying past 4:30pm when consultants showed up to provide support. We also had a consultant that worked overnight until 8:30am. So, why was I showing up at 6:30am?  I changed my hours to 7:30am-4:30pm and worked out every evening after work. It was perfect.

This week, I'm back in Atlanta for a regular work trip. My flight was supposed to arrive Monday night at 9:30pm but was delayed 2.5 hours - so my sleep was AWFUL that night. I've spent the rest of the week so far catching up on rest. I fly back on Thursday (tomorrow) early afternoon. Instead of rushing around in the morning, I'm going to work out and work from the hotel before driving to the airport. I have to prioritize and get back on track with running and working out more regularly.

Next race: Run for the Roses 5K on Saturday, 8/20

No comments: