Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Insomnia Sucks

So, here I am, not to report on a particularly great run. My runs have been few and far between lately.

I'm here because I'm sick of feeling like a slug. I'm adding some big races to my schedule, and hoping I can force my training to prepare me for them.

On April 6, I'm planning to run the St Louis Half Marathon. A friend volunteered to drive over if I wanted to run it, so I'm taking it as a social day more than anything.

On May 4, I'm planning the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati. Not because I'LL be prepared to run a marathon, but because my BFF is going to try to qualify for Boston. She ran a 1:44 in the Half we ran last month, with no speedwork.
I'm going along for the ride, and hoping that scheduling the race will force me to do the training. Unfortunately, I'm exhausted all the time and I can't sleep. This is wreaking havoc on all of my plans!

Maybe putting it in writing will help me to make it happen.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Sorry about the insomnia. There is nothing worse. Races are a great way to stay motivated to run. I did the Flying Pig Half a few years ago. It was a really fun race

Viv said...

Awww, sorry Tammy you just can't get some sleep chickie! That is terrible. Seriously, think about taking something just to you can get back on a schedule. Sorry, I am drug pusher girl. You are doing Cinici? Ah, man why not Cleveland the following couple of weeks :-)