Monday, October 8, 2007

Band on the Run 5K

After 5 days of not running a step, it's 5K race morning.

I got up and felt strong. The girls came with me to the race, since we were getting new phones after the race. It. Was. So. Hot.

The girls' teacher and his wife were there. The nerve! Aren't teachers supposed to crawl into a hole and never be seen outside of school? Anyhoo, I was right on pace with the teacher for the entire race. He wound up finishing a few seconds ahead of me.

This race was not pleasant. I'm carrying around about 10 extra pounds that I can't seem to find the give-a-damn to lose. Plus, it was HOT!

And, I really didn't want to let the teacher beat me! But, I walked to drink my water and he didn't, and I never caught him again.

Ah, well, I finished it in 26:50, 1st in my age group (out of 1). Then, I got my very first post-race massage. Wow! Why, oh why, have I always passed these up before?

Oh, the teachers' wife won overall female finisher. She ran the thing in 20:13. Impressive.

Just an uneventful race, and a chance to catch up with some other runners from the area.

4 comments:

Viv said...

Tammy, great job & fantab time. I love the comment about teachers. I always tell my sister, a teacher, are'nt you scared you will see a student. LOL! TGlad the girls went to the race with ya. This week I am on the don't give a dayum attitude about WeWa. I need to snap outta that crap.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, great job on the run! Sorry it was hot . . . and that teachers step outside the schoolyard ;0)

Noelle said...

Great job on the time, and congrats on the first place finish! (no one here is counting bodies--a win is a win LOL)

DoriAnn said...

Massages are the best part! Congrats on your win. You'll smoke the teacher next time.