Monday, January 10, 2011

Woe, Woe

I had a 2 1/2 day long pity party over the weekend.

Am I depressed? Maybe.

Am I just lazy? Most definitely.

I tend to need activities planned in order to keep myself motivated over the weekend. Otherwise, I lay around in my pajamas the entire time and read. It all ended last night with the ordering of pizza so that I wouldn't have to do any more dishes.

I'm ok with it because I hit the ground running at work today and have had a pretty productive day. I'm pretty stoked about work these days because I have quite a few pretty big projects coming up. The big projects that affect a lot of change are always my favorites. :)

Anyhow, I took advantage of the beginning of the year sales this year and ordered a treadmill and an elliptical machine. I've had several treadmills in the past, but this time I went all out and ordered quality instead of taking the cheap route. Since my daughter doesn't like to run, I also ordered an elliptical machine for her to use (and I'll take advantage of it, too).

I expect zero excuses from me from here on out.

It's too cold. (hit the treadmill)
It's too hot. (hit the treadmill)
I overslept. (treadmill before bed)
I don't feel up to it. (hit the treadmill or elliptical and stop if you feel worse)

It's worked for me in the past, no reason it shouldn't work this time around.

One more day in the office this week, barring a huge snowfall, and I'll be off to Grand Rapids later in the week. Maybe I can explore GR on foot one of the mornings I'm there...

3 comments:

Diana said...

I know all about the "depressed" feeling lately!
Hang tough-

Aka Alice said...

I have a love/hate relationship with my mill. I do love that it is handy and convenient (the hate part is that more than 30 minutes is boring as hell).

I also need a plan for the weekend. Your Sunday sounds a LOT like mine :-)

Laura said...

Clearly I'm very behind on blogs - sorry! I know exactly what you mean about needing a schedule of stuff to do or you don't do anything. That's me to a T!