Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's a Good Thing

That I didn't make any "real" resolutions for 2011. I got my days and nights all mixed up over the long weekend, and I've been having a hard time getting any sleep so far.

No sleep = No running for me.

I have, however, cooked healthy meals at home every day since January 1. That's HUGE for me! I can't remember the last time I cooked dinner every day for 4 days in a row, and I have plans for what I'm cooking tonight. I may actually make it a full week of healthy, home-cooked meals. It's a miracle!

Unfortunately, my streak will have to come to an end when my travel schedule starts to ramp up for this year. I'll be spending part of every week from next week through mid-February in Madison, WI, Grand Rapids, MI, or Minneapolis, MN. Why couldn't I have gotten assigned to Florida and California for the winter?? Why?

Anyhow, I had a fantastic New Year's. I spent it at one of my new neighbor's house. They probably had 20 or so families over from the neighborhood. It was great to get a chance to know some of the neighbors a little better, and I'm SO glad I moved into this particular neighborhood. I've never lived in a place where people tried to be friends with their neighbors. I like it.
I don't like it so much when my doorbell rings a couple of times a week for one reason or another and I'm wearing my pajamas. But, ah well, such is life. I'm sure I'm not the only one that changes immediately into sweats or pajamas as soon as I get home from work.

Right?

Now, to find somebody to pawn off these butter braids that the neighbor's daughters were selling for the band. It's bad for me to have something that sweet and fattening in the house...

3 comments:

Diana said...

That's a great streak of home cooking! Once you get used to such good tasting food, you might find it easy to continue!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Great streak! I change as well when I get home.

I'm not feeling so bad about my trips to IL and MN for work in the winter now. Well MN because I have to work outside!!! Have fun on the business trips.

Aka Alice said...

Yes...you need to talk to that travel scheduler person about some trips to Cali!