Thursday, February 26, 2015

Hot Chocolate 15K - 2/14/15

The husband and I ran this race on Valentine's Day.

As always, I enjoyed the Hot Chocolate race.  It was just cold enough that hot chocolate was exactly what I wanted at the finish line.

My official finish time was 1:49:59, or 11:48 per mile.  Temps were in the 40's, so perfect running weather even if I was whining about being cold before the race started.  Ha!

I've waited too long to post, so I don't remember a ton about the details of the day, but I'd run this one again...

Last week was an icy mess in the Nashville area, so we couldn't run outside without being in fear for our lives (from slipping and falling, or from a car sliding into us).  I took the opportunity to sign up for a free week at Anytime Fitness and logged some treadmill miles.  Yuck!  I'm glad I got the miles, but I despise running on a treadmill.
Luckily, this week, it's all been melted away and we're back on the road.  It snowed a little bit last night, but the sun melted it away like cotton candy this morning.  :)

I'm ready for Spring, Can I say that again?

I'm ready for Spring.

The next race on the calendar:  Kegs and Eggs 10K on March 14.
Start and Finish at a bar - should be my kind of race.

1 comment: