Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Getting the Hang

Yeesh! What kind of blogger am I? An absent one, I suppose...

As usual, I'm on the road this week. Unless something comes up at the last minute, I'll be home all week next week. I'm actually starting to get the hang of this. I honestly don't mind traveling a couple of days every week. I don't have to go to the same office every day and meet with the same people week after week.

This week, I'm south. I know it's warmer everywhere, but I didn't even need a jacket today, for crying out loud! I'm planning a run tomorrow morning in shorts and short sleeves, my Garmin is charging away as I type.

The bad, terrible, horrible news that I'm trying not to focus on until I get home... my dog is missing.


Yes, this guy. Long story short, he got away from my daughter on Monday night. I've got pictures hanging up all over town, contacted all the local vets and groomers, and nobody has seen him. This is a 14 year old dog, hard of hearing, poor vision, but as energetic as a puppy. I just can't imagine somebody would pick him up and not turn him in. I can't believe he's gone. I don't know what else to say about it. I feel like I'm missing a member of my family right now, a runaway. I'm hopeful that he'll come home, but realistically I know that's probably not gonna happen.

3 comments:

Delane said...

OMG Tammy I'm sooo sorry. That is so sad. Prayers that he is safe and okay.

Diana said...

Fingers crossed that he's home when you get home!!
Keep us posted.....

Al's CL Reviews said...

Nooooooooooooooo! I'm so sorry.
Prayers to you and the family that he is safe and ok.