Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I... Was... Running!


Forrest Gump: "Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows.
From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running."
Last night, I was at my son's 8th grade graduation.
When I got home, I watched my must-see TV on my DVR ~ American Idol, Biggest Loser, and my favorite... glee!!
I wound up going to bed around 11pm, with plans to wake up at 5am and run. When I was still tossing and turning around 12:30am, I was doubting my plan.
Then, when I woke up at 1:30am and again at 3am, I was almost certain that I wouldn't run this morning. I haven't gotten up at 5am to run in ages, I've been using insomnia as an excuse even on nights when I've slept well.
This morning, when my 5am alarm went off, I was up and out the door.
I. Was. Running! :)

3 comments:

Diana said...

I love Forrest Gump!
Yeah for sticking to a plan-that's the hardest part of the run!

I have been contemplating a 5am run lately since the sun is just starting to peak up from the horizon and all is peaceful.

X-Country2 said...

Woo hoo! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.