Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Old Ways, and my Last Whiny Rant

I admit it. I've reverted to the Weekend Warrior.



No running Monday - Friday, long run on the weekend.



I wish that I could find a magic cure for this problem. I don't like running after work, but I can't force myself out of bed before work. OK, Clearly I CAN force myself out of bed before work, or I CAN run after work. The fact is, it's not happening. After a long day of work, I want to snuggle into my warm clothes and rest. And, the mornings? It's dark at 5am. And, I'm lazy.



Obviously, if I'm not running, I've gotten away from strength training too. For quite some time now. I come back to it occasionally, but I slack off almost immediately.



Unfortunately, over the past 2 years, I've gained 40 lbs. I wonder if the non-running and the gain in weight are related? Hm. Seriously, I'm tired of hearing myself complain about it, as I'm sure all of those around me are tired of it as well. It's time to put up or shut up. Yes, you heard it here. I'm no longer whining and complaining about being fat. If I'm not willing to DO something about it, I'm not going to waste my time whining about it.

Half Marathon this Saturday.
Then, I travel to Florida next weekend and run the Half Marathon at Ft Lauderdale.
Hopefully, I can manage a couple of runs in between the two.



Now, does anybody have that magic cure for sleeping in?

5 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

I'm enjoying my sleep these days too, so if you find a cure, can you be sure to post! Sometimes getting it out there is the best way to start.... sounds like you're well on your way to your goals. Good luck in the half this weekend!

Jen said...

You can do...

Here are my tips:
1. Eat Less More Often!
2. Drink More Water!
3. Bring someone along with you - find a running buddy or workout partner - it make sit harder to bail.

I lost 41 pounds in 12 weeks (of course it was during an intense competition, but I have kept the weight off and I am still losting).

BTW: Check out my blog for a cool giveaway!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I bet I still weigh more than you!
LOL

Diana said...

Get your feet back into that wagon that you've fallen off and get at it! Once you start and just lose a few lbs, the energy will be back and you'll get into the groove. Jen had some great tips!

The un-Zen Runner said...

Set your alarm down FAR from your bed. Bust out 10 pushups before turning off the alarm. Have your clothes ready in the bathroom and go in there immediately to get dressed for your run. Or join a running club for evening workouts. That's what I did. :)