Monday, December 10, 2007

Jingle All the Way 5K

I did it.

And, amazingly, I managed to finish 3rd in my age group.

It was a little chilly starting out- probably around 35 degrees, but I warmed up nicely. Then, around mile 2 it started to rain. And, after the turnaround, we were running into the wind. NOT pleasant. I managed a 28:38 finishing time. Not bad considering how little I've been running lately.

I do have pictures, but I'm not posting them here! We look like drowned rats in the pictures- the rain was pretty brutal.

It was nice to get out, nice to be at a race.
And, Barbie and I had a fabulous lunch after the run. It was a good day.

4 comments:

Viv said...

Yaa, Tammy! Sorry it was got all rainy, and windy. Do they not know that does not phase u, u runner u!!

Carly said...

WTG!!!!!! 3rd in your age group is AWESOME!

Yasmin said...

I bet you're glad you didn't skip it now!

Lisa said...

Hey, Tammy! I ran my first 5K in a torrential downpour with wind and the whol ebit, and I posted the pictures on my blog. Buck up, girl! LOL

Great job, though! Your times are fantastic!