So, it may seem like I've dropped off the face of the planet, but I'm still here.
Maybe nobody will read this, but I miss writing and will keep doing it just for me.
So, what has happened since I last posted here? Well, that's too much. I'll hit the highlights of the past few months.
- I accepted a position with a new company and moved to a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. Great pay, boring job, horrible location, good boss. Meh, it could be worse.
- I'm RUNNING again. I ran the Monumental Marathon on November 2, and I was running again the following week. I didn't train for the marathon, but I had a 16 mile long run in the tank, so I decided to go for it. Running is going well, I'm feeling great, and I'm finally dropping the weight that I gained by eating my feelings the past couple of years.
- My daughter is considering moving back in with me, she doesn't love it where she is now and needs to switch schools anyway (she started at a community college Fall 2012 and is staying with my parents in Southern IL right now).
- I started dating again. Yes, after taking a few years off from dating and being a hermit, I finally decided to get back out there in the world again. Of course, the first guy I started to get serious about turned out to be a serial cheater. Yeah, found that out a couple of weeks ago, and it still burns.
- My 40th birthday is on Black Friday (yes, this Friday). My best friends in my hometown (where I will be for the holiday) have out of town company/family obligations, and so I have NO plans for my 40th birthday. Yeah, just got out of a bad relationship, and I get to spend my 40th alone. Fun times. The good news, my daughter doesn't have to work that evening, so I'll probably go shopping/take her out to dinner.
- I did have Friendsgiving (friend thanksgiving) with my friends in Chicago a couple of weekends ago, so it's not as if I haven't had any fun stuff going on the past couple of weeks. Haha! I needed to get away the weekend that I found out about the ex, so I went there. We had a blast, and much champagne was consumed.
- I've put up 2 Christmas trees already. I helped with my friends' tree in Chicago, and I put mine up over the weekend. I'm going to have a good holiday season this year, darn it!! I don't care how much garbage is going on in my life!